Traditional analytics focus on data once a transaction has occurred. E-Business Suite Extensions for Endeca (EEE) allow users to make decisions before transactions occur, providing a pro-active analytical view of live data.
EEE provide selected EBS applications with Oracle Endeca-based capabilities. These extensions allow users to take an information-driven approach to business, optimizing operational decisions and improving process efficiency.
Each extension provides an existing EBS application with a search-oriented dashboard that summarizes current operational information. Users are able to explore this information in a variety of ways, combining free text and faceted search with drilldown on visualizations such as key performance indicators (KPIs), tag clouds, charts and cross-tabs. With each drilldown or search refinement, the entire set of visualizations and search choices changes to reflect the user’s previous choices. Users can browse and drill to the subset of information that is important for them to act on, automatically passing context to an EBS transaction screen where they can take the necessary action – for example, expediting a sales order by substituting a replacement part.
The Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Endeca allow users to leverage modern, self-service discovery mechanisms for identifying and acting on exceptions and opportunities. Users can find information that that they otherwise might not find with conventional ERP query screens, reducing their reliance on emails, phone calls and IT-provided reports.
Furthermore, Oracle continues to make a significant investment in the E-Business Suite Extensions for Endeca product suite. With the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca 184.108.40.206, six new extensions have been added to the existing EEE portfolio:
- Oracle Warehouse Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Installed Base Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Process Manufacturing Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Cost Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Depot Repair Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Learning Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
In addition, 220.127.116.11 includes updates to nine previously-available extensions:
- Oracle Order Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Discrete Manufacturing Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Inventory Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Channel Revenue Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Field Service Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle Project Management Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle iProcurement Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Oracle iRecruitment Extensions for Oracle Endeca
Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca use Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (EID) technology, which features:
- A hybrid search-analytical engine
- A user interface optimized for visual discovery and analysis
- A data integration (ETL) engine
- Endeca is integrated into the E-Business Suite so information is put into an in-memory data model.
- E-Business Suite will have performance metrics and instant search results served up via Endeca.
- Endeca is pre-integrated and requires "minimal setup."
E-Business Suite transactional information is loaded and stored in a faceted, in-memory data model that gets refreshed with changes at intervals prescribed by the system administrator. Information is pre-classified, pre-summarized and pre-sorted before it becomes available for search, discovery and analysis in a rich content container that is embedded within an EBS HTML page. EBS handles session management so that Endeca content in the rich content container is consistent with EBS context and security.
EBS customers can add Endeca-based capabilities using an all-in-one installer, achieving out-of-the box security and integration with their Oracle E-Business Suite applications. We typically recommend that the EID components be run on any hardware or VM running 64-bit Oracle or Redhat Linux V5 or V6.
- Key performance metrics
- Instant search results
- Search across organizations
- Search on attached documents
- Advanced visualization
- Guided Navigation
- Range filters with histograms
- Tag clouds
- Cross tab
- Fully integrated with Oracle E- Business Suite
- Native DFF support
- Available for both desktop and mobile devices
- See more and act faster
- Mobile access with great performance
- Experience quick user adoption and utilization
- Improve communication of data with support for a variety of visualizations and charts
- Fast deployment
- No change to Oracle E-Business Suite database
- Out-of-the-box UI and security integration
- Analysis on structured and unstructured information from Oracle E-Business Suite investments
- Flexibly meet new business requirements through configuration instead of custom coding